Bridges empowers individuals and their families to navigate together a broad spectrum of issues encountered before, during, and after death. We accomplish this through advocacy, education, and grief support.
We envision a culture that acknowledges death, inspiring each person to live fully and experience dying well.
Because Bridges recognizes that the end-of-life is a part of life itself and that grief may last forever, we are committed to the beliefs that:
- All persons have a right to dignified, quality end-of-life care.
- Community resources should be centered on the capacity to ensure access for everyone to end-of-life care.
- Community collaboration is key to ensuring access to end-of-life care for everyone.
- Education is an essential vehicle to inform those involved with end-of-life issues.
- A strong outreach program will assist patients, families, friends, and health care providers in making informed choices about end-of-life care.
- All information and resources will be provided in an impartial and unbiased manner.
- Volunteers play a vital and integral role in support of Bridges’ outreach programs.
- Our Board of Directors provides operational transparency, staff accountability, and sound, ethical stewardship of financial resources.
Commitment to Donors
Because Bridges recognizes that donors make our work possible, we commit to:
- Educate donors about the work we do toward our mission and vision.
- Provide clear, accurate and honest information about our organization, its activities and the use of funds.
- Honor the known intentions and restrictions of donors regarding the use of donated funds and property.
- Acknowledge and recognize donors and treat them with respect and professionalism.
- Respect the privacy of donors and safeguard the confidentiality of information as they have instructed.