Bridges is pleased to offer the Rainbows children’s grief support program:
• An evidence-based, age-adjusted curriculum
• Developed by the Rainbows organization, the largest international nonprofit group dedicated to helping children and teens grieve and grow after the death of a loved one
• Rainbows organization has served 2.7 million youth since its inception in 1983
• Outcomes document success helping vulnerable children at a painful time in their lives
• Facilitated in small groups by trained, experienced leaders
• Interactive sessions in an 6 week series with games, other activities, and discussion
• Affirms that feelings of loss and grief are normal and decreases feelings of isolation
• Focuses on building confidence and self-esteem, improving communication with families and peers, and prevention of destructive behaviors such as gang involvement and substance abuse
• Goal of improved school attendance and academic performance
Bridges is seeking organizations that regularly work with children
to host Rainbows groups. The program works well in schools,
after-school programs, faith communities, etc.
Rainbows is part of Bridges’ specialized grief support programming
for children, which also includes the 25 year old Shannon’s Hope camp.
If you are interested in the Rainbows program, please contact Julie Phillips at 843-216-7323 or email@example.com