You don’t get to choose how you’re going to die, or when. You can only decide how you’re going to live.”
- Joan Baez
Bridges is a neutral source of information to guide patients and families as they need to make important decisions when faced with a terminal illness.
You will find information on:
- What is hospice?
- How is hospice different from palliative care?
- How is hospice different from home health?
- A comparison of hospice and home health benefits.
- Myths and facts about hospice.
- When is it time for hospice and who is eligible?
- A tool to help you choose a hospice
- A list of local hospices
- The process of starting hospice.
- Who is on the hospice team?
- What is covered under the Medicare hospice benefit?
- Inpatient hospice care